“Sarcasm. Just one of the many free services I offer."
- Unknown Smartass Lady at Ridgmar Mall

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bedtime Stories

My husband will most likely lecture me about the Fielding Family privacy act when he reads this as he has only recently discovered the joy of reliving my eventful days via my blog without actually having to have suffered in the drama of the moment. This is a somewhat intimate story but oh so funny.

A few nights ago we were in bed and he was telling me that he had been listening to a well-known marriage therapist on his truck radio that was somehow associated with the talk show Focus on The Family. For those of you who don't know, Focus on The Family is a religious based AM talk radio show that centers its message around God, all things spiritual and how to live your life and raise your family in a Godly manner. I have not listened to it but I am sure there is worthwhile material in it. I personally prefer to listed to my Ipod or even just plain ol' music in order to drown out the screaming from the backseat. Knowing that in my next life I will be the 4th Supreme, I have to get in a little practice in this life.

As my hubby was telling me about this therapist, he began by stating that he learned he was no different from any other red-blooded male by explaining to ME, of all people, that women and men are wired differently. I, the mother of an 8 year old girl who loves school and does her homework without asking and a 4 year old boy who typically wears no shoes and will stick anything into a wall outlet "TO SEE IF IT IS ON". I promise I was listening to him very intently and was absorbing all of his information while in the back of my mind thinking "Mars vs. Venus", when he said, "You know, if we were wired the same, we wouldn't be together. Since you are a multi-tasker and a planner/organizer, I can't be. I have to be different". To which I agreed. God can only imagine how our weekends would be spent or what we would eat for dinner if there was no planner in our family. We all know that 3 types of meat for dinner is not acceptable as much as popcorn is not a vegetable. Then he said "There is really just one thing that needs to be done to make a man happy". Really, I said? "Yes, only one thing he replied". To which we both answered out loud; SEX. Then he said , "As for women, you are quite difficult. There are lots of things that make you happy". To which I unexpectedly and excitedly burst out (loudly) with "SHOES"! Then it started. The silent laughter. I have not laughed so hard in quite a while; even HE was laughing out loud. You know the laughing where you cry and you can't stop or talk and then your face hurts? I loved all 30 seconds plus of it and am not embarrassed by it all. Possibly this is what prompted a quick run through DSW Shoe Warehouse. This - and a reminder from my friend that I had a $20 off coupon.

Anyway, short story long. Hen friends - I found no shoes. Men - As for what he got, I will leave that part to your imagination. Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment