“Sarcasm. Just one of the many free services I offer."
- Unknown Smartass Lady at Ridgmar Mall

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Drama or lack thereof.....

Although the holidays are winding down (today being the 23rd and all), there has been little drama at the Fielding household. Lots of threats about packages being taken away, time out's, etc... but nothing we can't recover from. There has been a little mischief though. News at 11 to follow....

During the holiday season our kids always beg to have a sleepover. School is out, baths are optional, what the heck right?? We usually let Cassidy since she is almost 9, but recently Wyatt, who just turned 5, has been asking. We relented as Cassidy was at her cousins' house and he was alone at home. His best bud and partner in crime Sawyer was invited over and the party was ON!

The good news is that they were excellent! No tears, no fighting, they disappeared for about an hour upstairs and entertained themselves by playing Wii - SWEET! I was feeling so proud that I relented. The evening was quiet and I got lots of little to do's accomplished. The surprise of the evening came as I was picking up various toys and putting away some folded clothes. There in the middle of the walkway of my kitchen was a rather peculiar sight. Baby Jesus and the Pirates. Yes - I said Pirates. It appears my son and Sawyer had found a new "cast", if you will, of "mans" (as he says) to play with. No one was injured and there was no crucifixion happening, just good clean fun. They even robbed my candle holder of the candle, not sure why but they were all surrounding it. Trying to stay warm maybe? Take a look - quite amusing I must say. All were returned safely to the ship or the stable for a warm night's sleep to pillage villages (or my kitchen) another day.

Boy, I hope Jesus has a sense of humor.

Merry Christmas Ya'll!
Queen Bee

1 comment:

  1. I bet you won't find that Nativity Scene at Hallmark!! Those two crack me up!

    ReplyDelete