“Sarcasm. Just one of the many free services I offer."
- Unknown Smartass Lady at Ridgmar Mall

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dog Day Rainy Afternoon, and Day and Night....

It has been raining at my house since some time on Thursday evening. I have watched the rain create its own stream across our back 40 and am getting only a little enjoyment out of the fact that I don't have to do any yard work for the majority of this week. On the other hand, the ducks across the street at our neighborhood pond are enjoying themselves immensely. Me - not so much. This is the boring type of drizzly rain that never stops and does nothing for my motivation. Sure, I could head upstairs to the treadmill and follow that up with some bicep curls and some sit-ups but why should I when waiting for me downstairs is a tub of chocolate fudge frosting and some naked cupcakes. Chocolate sugar - calling my name. I don't really even want to spend the time to frost them, just eat the frosting. Much less hassle. Don't get me wrong, I am glad for the rain. I know our region needs it desperately and it will do wonders for my grass but enough already. We have 3 more days of this stuff to come. If I wanted to live in Seattle, I would. As for the rainy dreary days, it just makes me want to take a nap. As some members of my family are excellent at doing.

Speaking of sleeping well, don't ask me why Wyatt decided it was his day to wear the Princess sleep mask but he did. This was a photo I took of him in his bed (asleep) last night. He had been wearing it on head the whole evening while he and Cassidy made a tent, watched a movie, played secret spy lab, etc.... Then, after bath time, he picked it pack up and on it went. He didn't even take it off to follow along with his bedtime story. He only pulled up one side to make sure I was reading the right book and to assure himself I didn't need any help turning the pages. It was all I could do not to laugh. At least he is secure in his manhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment